WHAT IS A CAMPING HAMMOCK?
It is a lightweight and compact hammock which is easy to take with you if backpacking or in your suitcase if going on holiday.
A camping hammock can be set up in a few minutes so you can spontaneously decide to take a break from the exertions of hiking or sitting on a tropical beach.
Similarly our camping hammock can be packed in a minute.
Can you sleep in a camping hammock?
Yes with a blanket or a sleeping bag in a temperate climate.
When you are looking for an alternative to camping gear a camping hammock is a viable alternative to a tent or a bivouac. They are lighter than a tent and less bulky; you can carry a camping hammock easily in a backpack.
Campers who use them find that when they sleep in a camping hammock, they get a more restful sleep than when they sleep on the ground.If you are hiking in cold temperatures a sleeping bag is still required.
If you are used to sleeping with a tarp system a camping hammock system will not feel very different. Your sleeping platform is still suspended in midair and tied between two trees. What you find is there is no difference between these two systems except that with the hammock you are more comfortable and you get more sleep.
There are several outdoor hammocks to choose from that are comfortable and easy to use. Here are few examples:
- The Hennessey Hammock is lightweight and easy to carry. It comes with a built in mosquito net and detachable rain fly. Comfortable but pricey.
- The Paradise Hammock Double measuring 7 feet wide and 11 feet 6 inches long. This camping hammock is roomy enough for two grown people and still compact so very much a portable hammock. Kids love hanging out in this hammock while couples will love the extra space. The hammock is pretty lightweight at 650gm and fits into a sewn in pouch. The camping hammock ends are gathered with a toughened “S” hook to hook onto your fixing ropes which you have lassooed two sturdy trees with.
- Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest Hammock:
The Eagles Nest Outfitters Double Nest Hammock is a breeze with the tree-friendly SlapStrap Pro Hammock Suspension System. You just slap the straps around a tree, attach the carabiners at the desired length. The Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest will support 400 pounds. However it is a bit on the small size for a grown adult.
TECHNICAL DETAILS OF OUR PARACHUTE SILK HAMMOCKS.
Here we have all the technical details of our camping hammocks.
UV resistant, mildew resistant, machine washable and genuinely the most comfortable you’ll ever try!
- Paradise Hammocks are made from a man-made nylon called Parachute Silk, the same material that parachutes are made from. Parachute Silk is a breathing fabric meaning that it will not trap the bodies moisture making it extremely comfortable to lie in.
- Parachute silk is strong and very lightweight material able to take up to 160 kilos (350 Pounds) in weight. A double size hammock weighs only 650 gm /1.43lb. Dimensions of a double size hammock are 220 x 270 (mm) in the bag and 3.5 x 2.06 (metres) open.
- Attention to detail! triple stitching, doubled seams and nylon thread are all examples of our very high manufacturing standards.
- Parachute silk is moisture resistant and will not rot. A Paradise Hammock will withstand the destructive forces of sun & rain, much better than traditional rope or cotton hammocks.
Simple & secure by design